Movie Theater, Historic Site
231 W Jefferson Blvd (at S Madison Ave.)
Dallas, TX 75208
5:30pm - 12:00am
5:30pm - 2:00am
5:30pm - 2:00am
5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Since a group of young filmmakers took over the theater in 2010, this historic theater has become a popular place to see classic and independent movies. Plus there's that Lee Harvey Oswald thing.
- Dallas Observer dubbed Texas Theatre "Best Movie Theatre" in 2012 for Best of Dallas!
- Great history and even better movies you can't see anywhere else!
- Ninety minutes after shooting JFK in Dealey Plaza, Lee Harvey Oswald was captured in the Texas Theatre auditorium by Dallas Police Officer Nick McDonald.
- Dallas' only theater created by filmmakers for filmmakers (and the rest of us, too).
- Historic movie theater with a bar - what more could you ask for?
- lovely bathroom situation. upstairs, downstairs...it's your world.
- This place is overwhelmingly cool.
- Great to have this theatre open again. Showing great films, full bar & vinyl in the lobby. What more do you need?
- $5 local beers, special movie events and also history all over the building; Lee Harvey Oswald was found here..
- There are many cool venues around Dallas but it's impossible to replicate the history of an 80 year old building, especially that's been covered from the inside
- Look real nice! !
- come early and enjoy the lounge
- Follow @filmoakcliff for the festivals latest and greatest
- Historic spot. Worth a visit.
- This theatre is over 80 years old and is the historic location where they found Lee Harvey Oswald. The atmosphere inside is very classic, has two levels, and clean. Must see!
- This historic theater hosts live performances as well as films. Great atmosphere.
- Best Small Town Theatre
- Always something going on.
- Great atmosphere with a true classic look