With three kids in soccer we have practice pretty much every night of the week and games all through the weekends. This Tex-Mex pizza has been gracing our dinner table quite often recently.
To make this pizza super easy you can start with this no yeast pizza dough, it seriously only takes minutes to toss it together and you can bake your pizza in about 15 minutes. No joke. Or you can always get a store-bought to even save those few precious minutes if needed.
One of my favorite things about pizza is how changing up the toppings creates a completely different meal. It keeps things from getting boring. This Tex-Mex pizza is loaded up with pretty much all of my favorite things.
Cheese, bacon, jalapeños, red peppers, fresh corn, and I made my own chipotle dressing to use as the sauce, this really unites all the flavors and creates a delicious pizza! I got the idea for this as the sauce while I was roaming the salad dressing aisle at the market looking for a ranch dressing that would work well with all the Tex-Mex flavors on this pizza.
So again, to shave off a couple of minutes from this meal feel free to buy a pre-made dressing from the market if needed. There is no shame in taking a few shortcuts in the kitchen when needed. But if you have the time, I highly recommend making the sauce in the recipe below!
Not only is it perfect on the pizza, it’s also delicious to use the extra as a dip for the pizza.
- 1 pizza dough
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernals cut off
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from canned chiles in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare Pizza Dough, roll out onto large baking pan or pizza stone.
- In a small bowl add the ingredients for the Chipotle Dressing. Stir until smooth and combined. Spread the sauce over the pizza dough.
- Top with most of the cheese, set aside about 1/4 of the cheese to add later.
- Add toppings and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the dough is thoroughly cooked, place under the broiler for a few mins if desired to make the crust crispier.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record