TCL Chinese Theatre
Movie Theater, Historic Site, Cineplex
- This theater opened May 18, 1927 with the premiere of Cecil B. DeMille's film 'The King of Kings'. The Academy Awards were held here in 1944, 1945, & 1946. It was declared a historic landmark in 1968.
- MTV News: We were here for the 'Due Date' premiere and we enjoyed checking out Michael Jackson and George Clooney's footprints, but you can choose your own faves!
- See a major opening night flick at this classic LA theatre.
- LA Weekly's Best of LA 2010 pick - Screamfest Horror Film Festival= The Best Place To Get A Jump On Tomorrow's Cult Hits, Today!
- The year is 1928, I just time traveled to see the premier of Charlie Chaplin's "The Circus". Hope no one sees me talking on my cell phone
- An L.A. classic: watch a film in style at Graumans, in Chinatown.
- Sid Grauman's mother is the only person not associated with the movie industry to have a signature and handprint in front of the theater.
- Been there..done that
- Which celeb has the same size hands & feet as u? Go @metrolosangeles 2 @HandHCenter & find out at Grauman's Chinese Theatre
- There are almost 200 celebrity handprints, footprints or signatures on the concrete in front of the theater. Among these are the foot (hoof?) prints of two famous Hollywood horses.
- If you're at a movie premiere with free popcorn always chose from the top row! Popcorn on the bottom row has been out the longest so it's not the freshest!
- Check for the free screenings.
- The famous Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, opened on May 18, 1927, recently celebrated its 84th anniversary.
- I just love coming to this place, you can always find a superhero or two, a storm trooper and even Elmo roaming around the front, you gotta love Hollywood!!!
- This mega movie theater is intricately designed with gorgeous Chinese decor. Go out and see the movie you've been waiting for or stand on the sidelines of a red carpet premiere.
- Onde fica as gravaes das mos e ps dos famosos
- The tapas spot is on point. Great pricing and Great food!
- The tour really rocks. You get to step out of the heat an enjoy one of the most beautiful theaters in the US. They play movies in the theater also, so make sure you see a move there too. LIVE LA.
- The forecourt of TCL Chinese Theatre has been one of the most popular free attractions since the 1920s. Now fans from around the world compare their hands and feet to those of stars past and present.
- The seismic upgrade was accomplished with the addition of a cast-in-place shear wall in the theatre and a shotcrete shear wall behind the movie screen in the fly tower.