DALLAS (KRLD) – There are a number of events and parties designed to help you enjoy the New Year! KRLD’s Tasha Stevens fills you in.
–Want to ring in the New Year as someone else? Then be at The 2nd Annual New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at McFadden’s in Addison.
– You can also ring in the New Year with the best music of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s at the 98.7 KLUV Rockin’ New Year’s Eve Party at the Hilton Anatole Hotel.
– A New Year’s Eve Fireworks Extravaganza is happening at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill. You can also groove to some cool tunes from Def Leppard tribute Def Leggend and Killin Romeo.
– You can ring in the New Year at the historic Texas Theatre. They have a slew of stuff going on. There will be live music from Nervous Curtains, a death-defying human “ball drop” at midnight from silks aerialist Bethany Summersizzle, DJs Trigger Mortis and Wild in the Streets spin your favorite tunes all evening, and Mikey Dino will serenade you with the songs of Dean Martin.
– The Dallas Symphony Orchestra is celebrating New Year’s Eve at the Meyerson Symphony Center. Ring in the New Year with style and celebrate the most festive night of the year with an elegant Viennese-inspired concert featuring waltzes and your favorite classics. In other words, you can try to act like you have some class and home trainin’.
– Boot scoot in the New Year with Sundance Square’s New Year’s Eve Celebration featuring Fort Worth’s own 2014 The Voice contender Luke Wade. Austin based Dawn and Hawkes will open the show. Champagne will be available for purchase in the plaza. Restaurants, including The Cheesecake Factory, will also be on site.
– While you are in Funky town, be sure to check out Billy Bob’s NYE festivities as well.
– Dallas’ Big D NYE 2015 kicks off at 7:30 at Victory Park — one of the best free New Year’s parties in town.
– Not to be outdone, The Action Pack has been throwing NYE parties at the Alamo Drafthouse for years now, and they know how to throw down. They’ll have the whole shebang for you — confetti and other Action Pack props, and most importantly, they’ll have one big countdown right at midnight with the time on screen set to the Atomic Clock. This way, you have the real time, not a bunch of different time zone count downs (Like you will even know after the cocktails start flowing).
– The Irish Rogues New Year’s Eve Countdown is happening at Trinity Hall. You can sing along to party songs, take part in a sparkling apple juice toast and blow horns.
– Forget a Blue Christmas. It is all about a Blue New Year’s Eve this year with the Blue Man Group at the Winspear Thursday through January 4.
– Bass Performance Hall is ringing in 2015 with a Swingin’ New Year’s Eve. The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra and Conductor Mike Berkowitz will offer up the hottest standards of the swing era with hits from the likes of Sinatra, Glenn Miller and Henry Mancini.
– The Dallas Stars will end 2014 by putting the beat down on the Arizona Coyotes at the AAC.
– It is A Night of Fire and Ice tonight at area Top Golf locations, where you can hit microchipped golf balls at targets and be scored for accuracy and distance.
– You can end 2014 and welcome in 2015 by banging your head to Hell Yeah and Drowning Pool at the Southside Ballroom.
– If you want to get your 80’s rock on, check out Metal Shop at Sherlock’s in Addison tonight. I warn you now — there will be an abundance of spandex.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Woman Killed In Rollover Crash In Forest Hill
- Volkswagen Recalls 38,000 Cars Due To Fire Risk
- Uber Prices To Surge Again This New Year’s Eve
- Ellis Leads Mavs To 114-87 Rout Of Wizards
- Bama’s Saban Says No Chance Of NFL Return
- Good Samaritan Gunman Stops Assault In Progress
- Good Samaritan Who Stopped Assault Breaks Silence
- Keurig Recalls Millions Of Coffee Brewing Machines
- Mother Of Denton Break-In Suspect Speaks
- Fort Worth 17-Year-Old Arrested For Terrorist Threat