Tallulah Gorge State Park
Scenic Lookout, Other Outdoors, Trail
- Set to release in 2013, "Killing Season," starring Robert De Niro and John Travolta was filmed in several spots around Georgia, including Tallulah Gorge State Park.
- More like Tallulah GORGEOUS!!
- They are doing a controlled water release, so no "floor" permits are available at this time. With release of water the falls are how they once were before dams built.
- Go to the information desk at the Interpretive Center for any questions and a map to help you hike the gorge! We went to every lookout point--it's amazing from every view!
- Make sure you get a hiking permit from the station if you really want to do exploring, lots of scary signage around the park! I didn't know State Parks were so strict!
- Some steep, long stairs, but the views are absolutely worth it. Everything is also so well-constructed, from the reused tire rubber trails to metal steps.
- What great views!!!
- One of the beat family hiking places in Georgia
- Bring a bathing suit, lunch, sunscreen, change of clothes, and lots of water. If you go for the rock scramble on the way out, be ready -- it's not for the faint of heart!
- Try the Nancys dark chocolate peanuts.
- Be sure to download the FREE Georgia DNR Outdoors Pocket Ranger Guide for park info, GPS mapping & safety alerts. Easy way to mark GPS & photo waypoints, send trails & make camping reservations.
- Don't lean too far over
- Lots of great overlooks of Tallulah Gorge. Get a permit and head down to the river for a swim on a hot day
- Lots of steps, great views!
- Bring lots of water. When they say it's strenuous they mean it.
- Love love love the bridge. Too many steps for me to climb down. The view is amazing though!
- A must see. Great hiking with breathtaking views.
- One of the most beautiful places I have been, peaceful and very simple to get to.
- Amazing rim trails to hike.
- Let's hike!!