Food Truck, Mexican
25 Ave A (at E 2nd St)
New York, NY 10009
Lists & rankings
- I usually need to go to a place a few times before I'll save it to my "NYC Favorites" list, but this was an instant classic. The quesadillas here are more like large crispy tacos and they're amazing.
- Get the chorizo.
- Try the cheap and satisfying Suadero taco here: Chewy, charred slices of brisket are pepped up with a mix of onion, cilantro and guacamole. It's one of NYC's 26 best tacos!
- I have no idea how that flavor comes out of that small cart, but wow. Tortas are incredible for $5.
- Open 24 hours, serving more-than-reliable tacos at rock-bottom prices.
- Really cheap and flavorful mexican food comes from this truck. Try not to miss out on the barbacoa, just don't be sad if they're out of it, it's a quick seller.
- Tacos Morales is my absolute favorite spot for authentic mexican. And it's extremely affordable!
- Protip: Squirt the lime on your taco, not in your eye.
- The al pastor taco with little pineapple chunks might be my favorite.
- The quesadillas and cemitas are the best.
- The funny thing is that I try to give Taqueria LES my business, but they're always closed. Morelos is just as delicious, if not more so.
- Seriously the best burrito ever.
- Suadero tacos all the way! Get more than you think because you won't be able to stop eating.
- Barbacoa: tender, moist shreds of goat that are relatively mild as far as goat goes, but you might find yourself with a couple of gamey bites here and there.
- Best Cemitas I've ever had. Hands down. Do not forget to tip :)
- The best tacos in nyc!
- Tinga. Cecina. Tacos. Quesadillas. The only four things you need to know. I'm nominating them for best drunk food in nyc, Hell best anytime food, period.
- The Cecina (salted beef) taco is a must-have.
- $2.50 for Tacos, really good and fast, make sure you get the spicy sauce