- Tabard's simple yeast doughnuts are a must. Before the designer doughnut obsession took off, these guys held the title of best fried dough in the District. They're still amazing and freshly-fried.
- If I had to chose between eating this French toast and having sex with Ryan Gosling I'd chose the French toast. Eat the fucking French toast.
- The quaint Tabard Inn winds throughout an historic Dupont Circle building and serves up American fare and a killer brunch. [Eater 38 Member]
- Order and eat the donuts. Served only during brunch. Do it. Just trust me
- Opened in 1922 and named after a pilgrims place for respite in Chaucers The Canterbury Tales, The Tabard Inn remains the oldest continuously running lodge in D.C.
- Softshell crab at first seemed too spicy but I came to adore it. Delicious and satisfying. Grilled calamari and octopus appetizer was also great!
- Try brunch here and order their house-made doughnuts or go the oysters on the half shell route, They also make a killer cocktail...post a pic of your favorite.
- Very nice place to sit and have a drink in the winter. They have a nice fireplace and a stately lounge.
- Amazing ambiance and cuisine. Had the corned beef hash with a med scrambled egg. Tried the pancakes and the donut. All delish. They require 30 day notice to book a reservation though so be warned.
- Some of the best cocktails in the city. So-so chips and guac. Brunch is by far the best time to get food.
- One of my very favorites for brunch in DC. Be sure to order the homemade donuts!
- Get there early on weeknights to snag a seat in the comfy bar.
- The food here is great a I loved the atmosphere! Get the Tandoori Chicken if you aren't feeling "breakfast" for brunch. It was a delight, especially with a mimosa.
- Never a bad meal at Tabard Inn...explore the ever changing menu and the impressive wine list - you will not be disappointed. Just make sure to save room for amazing dessert menu!
- One of the best stocked bars in DC. Order the hard to find Amaro Nonino, barrel-aged Italian grappa infused with alpine herbs.
- Really nice setting and decoration with a cute patio and many details.
- The menu at the restaurant changes daily. The food is delicious.
- Fabulous eggs
- Want to sit on the patio? Made a reservation? They won't honour it. Patio is first come first serve despite what the online reservations say.
- Gorge on the best brunch bread basket in town and then repair to one of the funky rooms in three converted townhouses right off Dupont Circle.