Boy life is really busy!! Most of the time I feel like I am running a race…. a race against the clock. I am sure that your life is busy too!! This Sweet Mustard Potatoes Cabbage and Brats makes dinner a little easier. It is short on ingredients and full on flavor. You can put this meal together in about 30 minutes!!
This Sweet Mustard Potatoes Cabbage and Brats combines beer brats, crispy cooked potatoes, onions and sauteed cabbage in a lightly sweetened mustard sauce. I love German based dishes that make you feel like you had a great hearty home cooked meal. You can serve with extra mustard. They have so many great mustards available at your local stores. There are dark grainy mustards, beer & brat mustards and honey mustards.
I love this dish without any extra mustard. I think it is perfect just the way I have it written. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Put it on the list for the next week and let me know what you think. I love to hear from you!!
Sweet Mustard Potatoes Cabbage & Brats
- 5 bratwurst sausages
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard (I used beer & brat mustard)
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage sliced thin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large skillet brown bratwursts. Remove to plate and place in oven at 200 degrees. Do not clean the pan.
- In medium bowl whisk vinegar, sugar, water, olive oil and mustard.
- Poke potatoes several times with prongs of a fork Wrap loosely in paper towels and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Cut potatoes in large bite size chunks. Add potatoes to Ziploc bag and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Shake to coat. Heat same skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes. Turn heat to medium low. Add onions to the skillet with the potatoes and cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are starting to brown. Add cabbage to the skillet with the potatoes and onions and cook for ten minutes. Pour 1/4 of the mustard vinegar sauce in pan with potato/cabbage mixture cooking 1-2 minutes before repeating. Repeat process until all the sauce is gone making sure to cook 1-2 minutes each time. You want the sauce to be cooked in.
Unless you have a very big skillet you will have to do this recipe in two skillets. I cook some the cabbage in another skillet and add part of the sauce to it as well.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes0.1http://www.smalltownwoman.com/sweet-mustard-potatoes-cabbage-and-brats/wk_bootstrap();
Other recipes you will love!!
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record