Theater, Performing Arts, Music Venue
254 W 54th St (btwn 7th & 8th Ave)
New York, NY 10019
- Seats in the Mezz are REALLY uncomfortable if you are any taller than 5'5". Orchestra seats are well worth the $.
- What used to be the legendary and glitzy nightclub is now home to a spacious theater the only one on Broadway with cabaret-style seating.
- PHOTO: Check out this great pic of Rolling Stone Mick Jagger at his wife Bianca's birthday party in 1977!
- Sure the drinks are absurdly expensive, but where else in the city do you get to drink whiskey out of a sippy cup
- Alan Cumming is mesmerizing!
- Studio 54 was a popular and world renowned nightclub from 1977 until 1981 when it was sold by founders and creators Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager.
- View isn't bad from the nosebleeds.
- I got to see "Cabaret" here and it was just such an amazing experience. The venue is nice and cozy and even though we were in the rear mezzanine, we could still see everything! Such a great theatre!
- You had a pretty good chance of coming across celebs like Michael Jackson, Liza Minnelli, Bianca Jagger, Andy Warhol, and Halston during Studio 54's heyday as a nightclub.
- Ask about Hiptix - tickets for $21.95 if you are under 35 even over phone
- Despite the fact this is "Cabaret" theatre, and Alan cumming on stage, this place is historically important.
- Come to the Cabrera
- Es maravilloso volver y sentir el espritu del Espaoleto en aquel rincn. http://chichovalentino.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/el-espanoleto/ Love Chicho
- Edwin Drood is the best of Roundabout. It doesn't need Chita It was terrific without her.
- Andy Warhol was known to hang out here with other celebrities when it was a nightclub.
- Mezzanine is great here!
- The front mezz is a great place to sit. If you go on the far left, you can make a quick exit and beat the crowds.
- Rear mezzanine seats have a great view but zero legroom, so stretch before you sit.
- One of the more intimate theaters on Broadway. Only seats around a 1000 people. Went to see Lifespan of a Fact here. Was a great show! Sat in the far back right of the theater. Still had a good view
- Ornate decorations. However sitting section 204 i noticed on the wall on the right is missing art like wall on the left has. Right wall us plain and aged looking