- Dedicated in 1985, this 2.5-acre area of the park is a memorial to musician John Lennon, who was murdered nearby on December 8, 1980.
- After John Lennon's death, Yoko Ono donated a million dollars to the city to create a memorial in his favorite section of Central Park, directly across the street from their home in The Dakota.
- This park was dedicated to John Lennon's memory. He used to walk here often in his final years.
- Long live the king
- Get there early, avoid the adulating crowds...
- Sing along with the performers, if someone is there!
- Although it can be touristy, I as a Staten Island NY native enjoy the Imagine Circle John Lennon tribute! Wonderful & peaceful place to relax. You'll often be lucky to listen to The Meetles nearby. :)
- PHOTO: Lennon fans adorn the "Imagine" mosaic at Strawberry Fields with flowers and candles to honor the Beatles' birthday in 2006, at the link!
- The John Lennon memorial. Don't come to NYC without making a stop here.
- Imagine , 8 1980 .
- Most perfect picnic spot on the planet (thanks for sharing, Michael!) Pick up Shake Shack, bring a blanket, some shades and your main squeeze and you're good to go.
- Go to Strawberry Fields and pay tribute to Beatle John Lennon at the beautiful "IMAGINE" mosaic. His birthday, October 9th and the day he died, December 9th draws huge crowds of fans singing his hits.
- If you dont have time to see much in the park then definitely make this a priority
- This meditative memorial was dedicated on October 9, 1985what would have been John Lennon's 45th birthday. Created by Yoko Ono, landscape architect Bruce Kelly and the Central Park Conservancy.
- Homenagem a John Lennon. Nada demais, mas vale conhecer. Normalmente sempre ficam cantores desconhecidos cantando as musicas dele.
- It's truly peaceful here, there are always tribute singers that always set the right mood. It's probably one of my favourite places in New York
- Una pace straordinaria in una delle citt pi vive del mondo ... Un posto perfetto per fermarsi un attimo e riflettere !!!
- A great place to propose marriage :-)
- Been going to this peaceful area since my 12th Bday and still have picnics here with my friends during the summer to enjoy John Lennon's "Imagine" mosaic, musicians playing Beatles songs & hippies! <3
- Imagine all the people.