- Forget Starbucks here when you got many other awesome cafs to check out.
- Check out Redamte while you're here! Great coffee and Panini's!!
- Watch out for homeless
- Of all events held in Madison, World Dairy Expo has the biggest direct spending impact at $17.7 million. Read more about Expo's rise up the trade show ladder in our Expo supplement on page 27.
- Great window shopping!
- Mind the homeless
- Tons of shops with unique and affordable items. Some of the best food and entertainment is along this street too!
- Biking, atmosphere, restaurants, shopping
- Have to go for a Stoll to experience madison. !!
- The heart of downtown Madison. Lots to see and do, great food, and nice shops. Great for street photography. Tip the street performers, but be wary of the occasional bum/homeless person.
- Parking meters only run until 6pm M-F
- Shopping, Food, Clothes all on one street. Don't forget to the spectacular view of Capitol from the street. Hosts the famous Halloween Party, Taste of Madison and other events
- No open containers
- Take a walk and enjoy. State Street is a must!
- Where most of the downtown life is at. Tons of shops, restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Always a good crowd plus no traffic on the main road to deal with. It's a madison staple!
- Walk and window shop or bike. Stop off at the sidewalk patios for a snack. Make sure you go from the Capitol to the UW - so much to see. End your adventure at The Terrace.
- Nice street where cars aren't allowed. There are lots of little shops and eateries.
- Plenty of dining options
- Come here in Halloween weekend it is awesome
- Fun stores and great restaurants. I loved hanging out down here when I was in high school.