Spring and Summer Events in Claremont, California, Offer Visitors Tasty Bites, Refreshing Cocktails and Activities Under the Stars
CLAREMONT, Calif., March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Claremont, California, is one of the nation's most acclaimed college towns, located just 30 miles east of Los Angeles. The city's upcoming food, shopping and entertainment events make a weekend stay in Claremont an even more enticing getaway from "busy L.A." Discover Claremont's "Claremont Is the Place to Stay" hotel and merchant promotion offers a tremendous savings for visitors taking this mini-vacation.
Claremont events that are "worth the drive" – or a train ride on Metrolink to the Historic Claremont Depot – include:
- March 18 – Claremont Pie Festival, a day-long celebration of pies sweet and savory, organized by I Like Pie bake shop.
- May 13 – The Butterfly Pavilion at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden opens for the season, through August 6. The 86-acre botanic garden is home to the largest collection of native California flora.
- May 18-21 – Claremont Film Festival, the ninth annual curation of documentaries and shorts from around the world. Scheduled screenings include the documentary "Meru" about climbing Meru Peak, and filmmaker Kerry Candaele showing "Love & Justice: In the Footsteps of Beethoven's Rebel Opera." DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont is the host hotel for this event. Visit ClaremontFilmFest.com for tickets.
- June 4 – Mi Casa Es Su Casa wine, spirits and craft beer tasting event at Hotel Casa 425, benefitting the Claremont Community Foundation and Claremont Education Foundation. Call 909-398-1060 for tickets.
- June 24 – Claremont Village Craft Beer Walk
- July 13-22 – Midsummer Shakespeare Festival, held outdoors at Pomona College's Sontag Greek Theater, welcomes patrons to bring picnic baskets and Pinot Noirs. Ophelia's Jump will perform "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Hamlet" in repertory this year. Call 909-734-6565 for tickets.
- September 9 – Claremont Village Wine Walk
- October 28 – Village Venture Arts & Crafts Faire, the largest autumn street fair in the Inland Empire with over 500 arts & crafts booths, takes over the Claremont Village.
Participating Claremont hotels are offering special "Claremont Is the Place to Stay" packages, inspired by the tourism board's award-winning short that pays homage to film director Wes Anderson. The package includes a comfortable guest room and $100 in Claremont Chamber gift cards – redeemable towards food and services at local hotels, and meals, shopping and services at more than 140 participating Claremont businesses. Guests can redeem cards at many of the city's most popular eateries, and for nighttime entertainment including lively dueling pianos at PianoPiano, stand-up at Flappers Comedy Club, and live music at The Press Restaurant.
Guests can book directly through participating Claremont hotels: Hotel Casa 425 (909-624-2272), DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont (909-626-2411), Motel 6 Claremont (909-621-4831), Claremont Lodge (909-626-5654), and Knights Inn Claremont (909-626-2431). The package, underwritten by the Claremont tourism board, is subject to availability at each hotel.
Claremont visitor attractions include Folk Music Center, owned by musician Ben Harper and family; Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden; the walkable Claremont Village; Claremont Packing House entertainment center; Candlelight Pavilion dinner theater; vivid examples of California architecture throughout the city and along Historic Route 66; and public walks, galleries and libraries at the Claremont Colleges.
Follow Discover Claremont's social media channels on Facebook (DiscoverClaremont), Twitter (@visitclaremont), Instagram (visitclaremont), Pinterest (visitclaremont), and YouTube (DiscoverClaremont). A list of Claremont merchants participating in the gift card promotion can be found at http://discoverclaremont.com/giftcards.
Ron Antonette, 562-596-4466
SOURCE Discover Claremont