Spinach Salad with Aduki Beans and Tangerine Vinaigrette
Here's a light vegetable side dish to balance out your Thanksgiving table. To make ahead, simply prepare the vinaigrette and satsumas, pack everything separately, and toss all together just before serving. For an entrée salad, add raw vegetables and double the beans.
- 6 satsumas or clementines, divided
- 2 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed and drained
- One 15-ounce can no-salt-added aduki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Pound baby spinach
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup satsuma juice (from about 2 satsumas), vinegar, mustard, and pepper. Use a paring knife to cut the peel and pith from remaining satsumas. Working over the bowl to catch any additional juices, cut out each segment and add to the vinaigrette. Add onion, beans, spinach, and parsley and toss well. Serve immediately.