Happy New Year, party friends!
January is not my favorite month, I have to say. It's hard enough getting back to a work/school routine after the end of year parties. And then the weather doesn't help one bit...
So my goal at the beginning of the year is just to eeeease myself back gently into the groove of things. And basically, just to keep warm. Brr.
That's where this Spiced Earl Grey Hot Toddy comes in super handy!
Spiced Earl Grey Hot Toddy RecipeIngredients: For 1 person, but you can totally double, triple etc
* 1 Earl Grey tea bag* hot water for the tea* 2 tablespoons of rum or bourbon* 2 teaspoons of honey (or to taste)* 1 cinnamon stick* 1 star anise* a slice of lemon (you could also use tangerine)
1) Let the tea bag steep in a cup of hot water (you can make it in a tea pot for 2 or more people) and sweeten with the honey.2) Pour the tea into a mug or tea cup, add the rum or bourbon, cinnamon stick, star anise and lemon slice.3) Enjoy, enjoy!
This hot toddy recipe is perfect without the alcohol also, and a great warming beverage for winter brunch!
What about you? Do you dig January?Got any tips on how we can make this month more manageable? ;)
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them