South Brooklyn Pizza
122 1st Ave (btwn St. Marks Pl. & 7th St.)
New York, NY 10009
Lists & rankings
- While plenty of neighborhood restaurants are making tiny, expensive, artisan pies, this little stall makes a far superior version. Read: extra oil, extra herbs, and shockingly good tomato sauce.
- Great artisanal slice. A little pricey (in the four-dollar range), but fresh ingredients and lots of olive oil (not grease).
- Just a great slice of NY pizza for when you're cruising up 1st Ave and need to nosh.
- Don't miss the amazing home made roasted garlic paste. This place is amazing.
- Look down at the slice you just ordered. Does it have 4 corners? If so, you're doing it wrong.
- On par or better than Artichoke. Load up with fresh garlic and mozzarella and try to time so you get a fresh slice right outta the oven. Tape it to your thighs!
- Free, crushed, delicious homemade garlic spread is at the counter. You're a fool not to try it with your slice
- Less is more. Go for the margarita, and don't ruin it by putting your own toppings, except if it's their hot peppers.
- best slice in the city. get he regular
- You want the standard margherita slice right after it's come out of the oven. Feel free to wait around for 10-20 minutes for a fresh pie to come out -- it's worth it.
- Best pizza in the world. Seriously.
- Now that is pizza! Freshest ingredients and amazing staff. Ask for extra parmigiana! Molto bene!
- Fresh ingredients - even fresh garlic and real grated Parmesan. The bar has been raised...
- Some of the absolute best pizza in town. Yes, I said that. Some of the best pizza in all of NYC
- Get the pizza.
- This is one of the best pizza I've ever ate, maybe the best actually...fresh ingredients, the roasted garlic paste is amazing, the result is close to perfection just with the simple slice!!
- They have delicious calzones but only during the daytime
- Great pizza. Get the sicilian slice, top it with baked garlic and freshly grated cheese! everything is so fresh and tasty :)
- Try the Manhattan Special, can't find it anywhere else in Manhattan!