- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup Diced Onion, sweet onions are best!
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 recipe Country Sausage Gravy, optional
- Prepare the hash browns according to the package skillet instructions.
- Remove the cooked hash browns to an oven-safe plate and place them in the oven on warm.
- Add the onions and butter to the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want them to be fragrant and translucent.
- Top the warm hash browns with the onions and then cover them with cheese.