We have been experiencing winter-like temperatures here in Florida over the past few weeks. If you live anywhere other than Florida, please stop rolling your eyes! You would understand how cold it is to us after you experience one summer with temps in the high 90s with 100% humidity!
This Floridian has had the heat on blast for weeks and big pots of soup simmering on the stovetop just about every few days.
I've also found myself making this slow cooker hot chocolate any time I know we have guest coming over! Who doesn't love a mug of hot chocolate on a cold winter’s day?
This recipe is very simple to put together and I love that it can safely simmer in the slow cooker while you run errands and leave the house. That's the benefit of making hot chocolate in the slow cooker. You can keep it simmering on low for hours and it will be perfectly fine.
All day long you can have hot chocolate at your fingertips. But if your friends are anything like mine, you’ll be quickly making a second batch before anyone is anywhere near leaving your home!
This really is the perfect winter party drink. If you have more than one slow cooker at home, you can make different flavors, or some adult versions and some kid-friendly. Set out the whipped cream canister and bowls of miniature marshmallows – this is how to entertain!
If you want to make it an adult version I suggest you try my boozy slow cooker peppermint hot cocoa! With just a few modifications you can make a peppermint flavored adult version! If you love hot chocolate and know that you’ll be entertaining, I highly suggest you plug in the slow cooker and make my hot chocolate recipe.
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 11 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 10 ounce bag miniature marshmallows
- whipped cream
- Turn the slow cooker on low. Add in the sweetened condensed milk with the milk chocolate chips, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Mix until the chocolate chips are melted, then add in the milk. Stir until mostly incorporated and the milk is a light brown color.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 1.5 hours.
- Mix a few times during the cooking process to make sure the chocolate chips are fully melted and incorporated into the dairy mixture.
- Once hot, mix well and ladle hot chocolate into cups. Garnish with a layer of mini marshmallows, and whipped cream.