The Shrimp Station
$ $ $
9652 Kaumaualii Hwy
Waimea, HI 96796
- Order the coconut shrimp and tell everyone else to get their own damn shrimps.
- Horrible service! Awesome coconut shrimp! If you don't like your food (tacos) & ask to switch, prepare to be scoffed at with some teenage bad attitude mixed in. Could've done without that.
- The coconut shrimp are fantastic! Hand breaded for each order and served with a papaya ginger tartar sauce. And definitely check out their daily specials! The mahi mahi burger was awesome!
- Great shrimp tacos
- Try the Shrimp Tacos! They are so fresh and delicious. The food is incredibly fresh- you can't go wrong here. A great place to eat to or from your way to the Canyon.
- Shrimp Taco is 2 huge tacos plus chips and salsa. Could share this meal. Note that tacos are spicy! Yum. Coconut shrimp is 10 big shrimp and 2 scoops of rice. Great food!
- Best Coconut Shrimp of the island. A mist-do on Kauai.
- Awesome coconut shrimp (+ come with fries). Stop here before/after Waimea canyon.
- Coconut shrimp is da bomb
- If you are choosing between Island Taco and The Shrimp Station, choose island taco. We ate at both and Island Taco was the clear winner.
- Shrimp tacos are delectable
- They have the best Thai shrimp in the town....
- Its just OK. You NEED to offer cocktail sauce with shrimp. The staff was REALLY friendly but the food missed the mark a little bit.
- Well....it's ok. The tartar is more of a paste...not a sauce. Unique place with VERY nice staff! Would eat there again but don't make a special trip.
- Everything is good! Cajun shrimp with potatoes is my fav!
- I loved the coconut shrimp. It was perfect and we went back several times.
- Shrimp tacos were average. Shrimp chunks in a greasy sauce. Large size tacos though. Chips and salsa average. Wouldn't eat here again.
- Beer battered shrimp
- Shrimp tacos are huge. Good for 2 people to split.