Short Sands Beach
Ocean Ave (btw Long Beach Ave & Main St)
York Beach, ME 03910
- If u go all the way to the right side of the beach & look in the sea weed you'll find starfish and all kinds of stuff the kiddos would love to find
- Remember the tide times! Don't set your place near the water or you will have to relocate further up the dry beach.
- You can get quarters for parking inside Fun-O-Rama
- It is sooooo cold! We dont have water like this in the south..
- Great waves here for adults and kids, even at low tide!
- Close to food, parking and shopping. Plus a nice beach!
- I love this beach. Watch sunsets, fireworks, and crazy people surf in freezing weather!
- Recently rebuilt (2014) wbathrooms and changing rooms are awesome!
- Get there early for prime beach spot. Don't sit too close to water, when the tide comes in you'll have to relocate
- Very rocky here this year (2013, Aug). Far left side had the least amount of rocks but also the most people. We still like the location though. Parking police are very strict!
- Like it here.
- If this beach is too crowded go to Long Sands. But not at high tide -there IS NO beach then!
- Beach can get real crowded at high tide, but it's the best place to be!
- The kiddos love it here!
- Need to figure something out about the rocks here!!!!