Shenandoah National Park
- Drive skyline drive at sunset for your best chance to catch wildlife. Just be careful, they can be really hard to see.
- Stop in one of the gift shops and get the audio tour of the park. It's well worth the $10 for the CD. Also, be prepared to give it a full day. If you plan on hiking, be smart, wear sturdy.
- Hogback Overlook has the best view of the valley on the northern third of Skyline!
- The deer are "friendly" and can get pretty close.
- $15 to enter the park
- The Park was established in 1935 and built by the CCC. Close to the major populations areas on the East Coast, it gets millions of visitors. Enjoy it in many ways.
- Not much cell reception here, so check in when you arrive! Beautiful park, great views, a hiking trail for everyone! :)
- You have to pay a fee to get in unless you're like me & have a lifetime free pass for being a disabled veteran. Must visit Big Meadows when you are here because there's always lots of deer.
- The eight-mile hike to Old Rag Mountain is the toughest route in the park (and also one of the most popular). If thats a bit too ambitious, try hiking to and around one of the parks many waterfalls.
- It's kind of pretty here
- Beautiful Views, Alot of wildlife, Deer, Black Bear, Snakes, If you like hiking, you'll see Waterfalls, and you can play in them. But to see them some of the trails aren't easy to walk but worth it
- When the Rangers warn you its foggy out, beware it might be pea soup
- Even in the it's beautiful. Encountered deer at the entrance welcoming us.
- Get in some good hiking and camping!!
- Take a hike on as many of the waterfall trails as possible. It's so pretty, plus the last time I went we were about 100 feet from a very large bear!
- Absolutely beautiful. You're sure to see wildlife. Have your cameras ready. And don't forget to stop at Big Meadows.
- A national treasure
- The Fall foliage is unbeatable when caught at its peak.
- Stunning views of the blue ridge mountains and plenty of trails to explore. This is your remedy for escape
- Good place for some driving and gentle hiking.