The Sea Chest & Oyster Bar
$ $ $
- A long wait, but the best calamari steak ever!!
- One of the best restaurants in the area. Prepare to wait an hour to be seated, it's worth it. Order the Morro Bay oysters on ice, the steamer clams, and the clam chowder. The fish entrees are meh.
- Eat at the bar and chat with the cooks and other diners for the best experience.
- Clams Casino are great! The Clams Italiano are more like a Clams Cioppino and absolutely delicious. Great way to start the meal!
- Eat at the Oyster Bar. Order the Calamari Steak. Get the salad and the chowder.
- The fish flavor comes from the greek seasoning at the table. And the vegtables come froma frozen bag. It has a good view though.
- The fresh fish menu is always a good choice. I had thresher shark, which was delicious!
- The calamari steak is the most tender Ive had anywhere. The fresh fish menu is also a safe bet.
- Great hearty seafood dishes at this seaside institution. Cash only
- Peixes frescos e ostras deliciosas!
- Go for the calamari steak and the Rockefeller oysters. Sit by the bar and enjoy the entertaining chefs
- Best Cioppino! Get there early and bring cash
- Fresh seafood and great wine selection
- Oysters Rockerfeller
- Amazing Alaskan Halibut dinner
- Motto Bay Oysters
- Open daily at 5.30pm except for Tuesdays.
- Very generous serving. Go in hungry and skip the appetizers (except oysters on the half shell of course!)
- Undercooked fish, our waitress was great but the food only so so
- I tried the calamari steak. If it weren't fried but just grilled, it would be better. The calamari itself was very soft. I can say the service was very good.