209 E 5th St (btwn 2nd & 3rd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
- Official after-work bar of team foursquare. If both bathrooms do not have foursquare stickers on the doors/mirrors/toilets, someone's getting fired... #justsaying
- This is Foursquare co-founder Dennis Crowley's favorite bar, which he told us in a video tour of the East Village.
- foursquare hometown favorite, the staff may-or-may-not hate us, but they certainly can't ignore us
- You might run into a super cool foursquare employee. She is the mayor! You better recognize.
- $6 PBR + shot of Evan Williams special Sunday to Thursday. $2 off drafts and well drinks during happy hour, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- One of the happiest places on earth. BYO pizza, claim a table, order a Guinness. Maybe a whisky, I don't know, let's get crazy.
- The wifi password is the bar's phone number (look for it written on a piece of paper behind the bar)
- Always scratch your itch. Come on Sundays with the wedding section to drink fine bourbon and listen to jazz standards.
- Go on a Monday or Wednesday when Renata works! She's the best!
- I got my butt farmed here
- Tons of menus behind the bar!
- Fun fact: Scratcher is Irish slang for a fold-away cot. This is also the closest decent bar to ITP. No TVs!
- This place is just the way I like my ladies, inexpensive and unpretentious. Honest service and a relaxing atmosphere makes it a must go if youre with friends. Get drunk and have fun.
- Be a pal and drop your empty glass/bottle off at the bar. Nobody likes a messy home.. err bar.
- A favorite of Voice staffers-They have a great happy hour ($2 off drafts/well drinks) that you can find using our Happy Hours app! http://www.gotime.com/nyc/mobile
- Best non-blogger blogger bar in the East Village
- cozy low key drinking den
- A great chill dive. You can do work here, enjoy a date or hang with friends. It's mellow and the staff are super nice. Sometimes they even have free pizza, what more do you need?
- They have Ommegang Harvest on draft. Get it.
- Don't get an old fashioned!