Deli / Bodega, Sandwiches
1521 Locust St (btwn 15th St & 16th St)
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Don't forget to help yourself to the tasty pickle bar!
- Get the half sandwich & soup sandwich! trust me half is ENOUGH!!
- Go for brunch and try a side of crispy potato pancakes with your egg-and-cheese sandwich, or the $15 nova platter with a bagel and slaw.
- Great place to grab a bite after a Flywheel class
- Tel-Aviv Tommya half-pound Frankwurst wrapped in pastrami. Or try the Old F-7: two kosher hot dogs on a hoagie roll with grilled salami and cheese.
- Work Week breakfast specials are a great deal. 2 Eggs, Home Fries Toast & Coffee for $3.95. The nova, eggs, & onions is also delicious and discounted from 7am-10am Monday through Friday.
- Name changed to schlessingers this week. Menu slightly different but pickles still rule
- The pickle bar is boss. Pastrami was just ok. Shoulda had a Reuben.
- Gigantic soups, sandwiches, and a pickle bar. Service is sassy but friendly and the price is right. It aint NYC, but its as good as youll get in Philly.
- Listed on The 15 Best Places for Kosher Food in Philadelphia. Here's a big clue : They serve meat and cheese sandwiches which is NOT kosher.
- Where Caviar failed, Schlessinger's went above and beyond. Amazing customer service from Jade (?) and good food. Highly recommend the burger and the apple cake.
- Still great food, especially on cold winter days. The staff is very friendly, escpecially Amanda and Sara #mrawesomephl #philly
- Very good food, Best corned beef in Philly
- Indifferent service, stale rye bread and microwaved gutless matzo ball soup. I will not be back
- Awesome pickle bar.
- Open face tuna melt is heavenly
- Matzo Balls were OK, corned beef was perfect, black and white cookies were heavenly.
- The pickle ball was great. Love the roast beef!
- Split pea soup ranks number one of restaurants I have tried thus far. Get ths soup and half sandwhich which is just right and not overfilling. Both pastrami and turkey specials were great.
- Oy vey omelette for brunch after a rough week.