3714 S Halsted St
Chicago, IL 60609
- During Prohibition, they ran a hose to a brewery and pumped the beer in. Thus the name. The Schallers still run this cozy spot & still make a fine pot roast. Its a great place to watch the White Sox.
- Some of the menu items to enjoy are the corned beef and cabbage, butt steak burgers, fried chicken and shrimp, an amazing prime rib and their pot roast, which is among the best on the South Side.
- A neighborhood staple for many years, you won't be let down by the atmosphere.
- Eat and drink here cheaper than the ballpark, park for free and walk a few blocks to US Cellular!
- A South Side classic. Worth swinging by before or after White Sox games.
- Place is a dump but the grilled cheese was good. Canned beers are colder at $3.50 ea.
- Make sure to get the butt steak and the hash browns with extra butter!