Samuel Oschin Planetarium
2800 E Observatory Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Centered In The Universe is my favorite movie here.
- Tickets for planetarium shows go on sale about 45 mins before each show.
- Sitting towards the back is always a good idea for an ampler field of vision - although all seats are great
- Don't fall asleep in the reclining chairs before the show starts...
- One of my favorites place in Los Angeles, come here and check out the amazing view.
- sit towards the back
- Check out the observatory parking lot for a terrific view of the Hollywood sign, and channel your inner James Dean from Rebel Without A Cause, filmed here in 1955.
- You HAVE to watch a movie in here! It is so cool and makes you want to dream big!
- This is where they filmed the scene in "La La Land" where Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling fly up and dance amongst the stars. Seating is great everywhere, but personally I found it nicer in the middle
- I watched two shows here (Centered in the Universe and Light of the Valkyries). They turn the entire room pitch dark and beam up stars, it feels like you're close to them you could melt into the sky
- Cuidado con el parking si no quieres llevarte una multa...
- Preferred the show Centered In The Universe to Light Of The Valkyries. Superb live narration!
- Loved the starry experience
- One of my best experiences in LA, make sure you get a ticket for a film-any film!!
- Make sure you watch the "Centered in the Universe"! Amazing animation, music, and narration!
- Got a HJ here during a class field trip in '97!
- Centered in the Universe? Pointless. Nothing educational in here. Better stay at home and watch Cosmos instead. Much better. "Zeiss laser projector"? Used 3 minutes to show the Moon and the Sun.
- Well worth the money! Excellent storytelling and visuals. Loved that it was live narrated and not a corny video. Very passionately delivered, and interesting.
- The seats are so comfortable...
- Sit in the back for the best view. Take Dramamine if you get motion sick