1845 NE 41st Ave (at NE Sandy Blvd)
Portland, OR 97212
- Get the handcut fries. They're sooo good!
- Best place in Portland to play pool, have a drink and basically hang out. Tip big, the staff deserves it.
- Perfect place to go with a group, laugh, and play pool. Service is great and drinks are strong.
- Hand cut fries are great as well as the mashed potatoes, and the bartender, Stephanie is a little hottie, I might add....
- When every other place is too busy on game day, this is the place to be! Sports people don't think of this as a sports bar but it's awesome.
- If you like dive bars / pool halls with decent food Sam's is one of Portland's best kept secrets. Fantastic for watching sports because they have televisions everywhere.
- It's a sports bar with tons of pool tables and somehow it is significantly less douche-tastic than similar bars. Head upstairs for even more pool and nicer bathrooms.
- Nova makes amazing dinner specials. Check em out especially if they have southern flair. Catfish! Redbeans and rice. Etc! Excellent. Great pour too.
- The Bavarian!
- Salad options on the HH menu. Friendly staff.
- This Alabama slammer is fast becoming my favorite drink.
- OMG---the ground rib eye bacon burger!! Unbelievable with the bacon ground in with the steak!
- The mashed potatoes and gravy were, bar none, the best I ever had! Also the homemade poblano, potato cheese soup was excellent.
- All I can say Is Yummmm Try Crazy Mountain Alfredo and SantaFe Clam Chowder Plus Ice Cold Beer Hell Yeah
- Sams is perfect for sports or rainy day sports or breakfast!
- Come to shoot pool. Stay for the stupid cheap happy hour food after you've drank too much.
- Great pool hall! Good service & fast tables
- Fun bar with great staff, tons of tables. I had Sam's Burger and it blew me the hell away. Great place to imbibe before and after a show at Hollywood!
- Good times good bartender good smelling food
- Great breakfast! Actually, the lunch menu is super also ... hand cut fries ... Ohhh Yahhhh!! :)