Sammy's Halal Food
- We enjoyed the combo but agreed the lamb was better than the chicken (which is still very tasty!).
- Best cart in the village
- I enjoyed the gyro.
- I have yet to find better halal in NYC. And the guy is always nice.
- Extra white sauce
- This truck is usually around almost every day till midnight. Stick to the classics and get lamb over rice. Price is $6.
- Any meat with rice is good! $5 for rice, protein, & salad...how can u go wrong? Also, go there twice and the guys know what you order
- Best halal food in NYC
- The best halal food I've found outside of 53rd and 6th.
- Make sure to ask for extra green sauce and white sauce!
- Best halal cart in the village
- Sammy's is awesome. Get the gyro platter and make sure to ask for chickpeas and the fresh green sauce!
- The next best halal cart to the notorious one on 53rd St (which I've never been to), so I've heard. Living in Greenwich Village, I'd say that I'm sufficiently pleased by how Sammy's gets the job done!
- Used to be good before the pandemic but tried it recently and the quality has really dropped :(((