Grocery Store, Supermarket
1855 Wisconsin Ave NW (at 34th St. NW)
Washington, DC 20007
- Definitely get a "Club Card" you save a ton of $$ every time you go!
- It's more fun than most of the bars on Wisconsin. Make sure you check out the cheese counter and the wine tastings
- Don't miss the seating area in the Signature Cafe with free WiFi
- Don't waste your time coming here. It's DOUBLE the price of Giant for the EXACT same item, the staff is rude/indifferent/condescending, and they couldn't even find my club card #. SCREW YOU SAFEWAY!!!
- BE WARNED - THERE ARE RATS RUNNING AROUND THE FRUIT AND VEGETABLE SECTIONS!
- Breakfast deli that features grits, sausage and biscuits and gravy. mmmmmmmmm.
- There has been a Safeway in this location for the past 85 years. Known as the Social Safeway because it has long been a hot meeting spot for Washingtons elite.
- great hideway in the back....wi-fi, cozy....etc.....
- Extremely rude staff! Half way through self scanning our goods, this incredibly rude woman came over and said "I don't need the hassle, I'm shutting these down. Go line up over there."
- Make sure you check your receipt before you leave. The prices in the register often don't match what was on the shelf.
- You can always find parking upstairs, without fail no matter the time.
- though in an upscale neighborhood, this Safeway has some ghetto staff and your sandwiches can take forever to make! such a shame.
- Avoid Aisle 9 on 12/31 around 6:00 PM. So slow!!
- Good deli for lunch and great wine selection
- This is the "Social Safeway", where singles come to mingle
- Extensive selection of just about everything, especially wine and spirits.
- Save yourself a headache and don't border catering with them. I catered sandwich and desert platters for an office party. Not a good experience at all.
- Lots of bakery options, very good ready-made meals in the deli section. Much more reasonable prices than Whole Foods up the street.
- Huge selection and great amentities (fresh food, cafe seating, walk-in wine cooler), but prices can be steep even for basics.
- FREE WIFI. They also have food, which is pretty nice.