YORK, Pa., Nov. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Rutter's announces three charities to each receive $25,000 from their "Vote With Your Dollars" philanthropic program. This is the second year in a row that Rutter's has offered this program. Vote With Your Dollars enables customers to utilize the Rutter's Rewards loyalty program to help select local charities to receive financial support.
The winners of this years' Vote With Your Dollars campaign are York County Food Bank, Make a Wish Foundation, and Leg Up Farm; all three to receive $25,000 each.
- The York County Food Bank has chosen to use their donation to renovate a larger building, which will contain more storage, a nutritional education center, and will decrease food waste.
- Make-A-Wish® Greater PA and WV, will use their donation to grant five wishes to children in our community with a life-threatening medical condition.
- Leg Up Farm has elected to use the donation to replace the footing in their therapeutic riding arena. This will decrease the horse's injuries, which will lead to fewer medical bills for the horses and avoid anxiety for the children not being able to ride their horse.
"This has been a tight race. Customers were able to get involved and help their local nonprofit organizations, and now get to see the positive outcome of these donations. We are always looking for ways to support the local community, and Vote With Your Dollars is a great program to do so. Thank you to all of our customers that participated in this amazing program and for showing their support to wonderful charities," said Derek Gaskins, Rutter's Chief Customer Officer.
The Vote With Your Dollars Program utilizes the technology of Rutter's mobile app, website, and loyalty program so customers can support the preferred charity. Customers could login to their Rutter's Rewards account via computer or mobile to choose from a list of charities they wished to support. Every dollar spent at the pumps or inside any Rutter's store with a registered Rutter's Rewards card or VIP credential counted as a vote towards the customers' selected charity. Each organization was encouraged to share the program with their members, friends and family to collect the most votes. Visit Rutters.com for more information and the enrollment process for 2017.
With roots dating back to 1747, Rutter's 269 year history makes it the oldest vertically-integrated food company in the United States. Rutter's is widely recognized as an industry leader in food service, innovative technology, and customer service, recently receiving awards for International Convenience Retailer of the Year award given by NACS and Insight, Best Milk for 12 years in a row by the York Newspaper Company, 1st Nationally in Brand Loyalty and Customer Fit in a Technomic Survey, and Food Service Retailer of the Year given by CSNews Magazine. Rutter's is currently guided by the family's 3rd generation of leadership with Scott Hartman president and CEO, Todd Rutter as president of Rutter's Dairy, and Tim Rutter as president of M&G Realty.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record