Spiritual, Art Museum
- Contemplation and action are Rothko Chapels dual vocations and the program offerings reflect both. Have you tried one of the noon-time meditations?
- Go to Rothko Chapel and enjoy the serenity.
- Come here on a cloudy windy day and watch the light change on the paintings..
- Love this museum? Vote for the 2013 Best of Readers Choice for your favorite Houston Museum! http://readerschoice.houstonpress.com/
- There is a great energy here, fall into the paintings with an easy eye and breath, they know the nature of reality, the borders dissolve and the purple envelopes, just as the faade of what we see
- Just had a spiritual experience...
- Amazing place to contemplate unfortunate medical news.
- 40 minute meditations for 40 days to celebrate 40th anniversary of the Rothko Chapel.
- The Rothko Chapel is a must in Houston, even if you can only stop by for a few minutes. It's in an interesting neighborhood and you should definitely walk around the chapel and explore.
- The neighborhood it's so weird and quiet. The chapel is between houses. The paintings are so great, the place inside it's really relaxing and calm.
- A great complement to the currebt Rothko exhibition @ MFA
- This place is quiet enough that I can hear my heart beating in my ears. It goes from meditative to unnerving really fast.
- I love to meditate here!
- Didn't see the rainbow, but love the concept
- #art #appreciation
- This place is beautiful. It is so peaceful and serene. It just speaks to me.
- Calm, quite.
- Definitely the most unusual chapel I've ever been.
- Interesting way to present Rothko art. The feeling of death.
- I don't ever go inside. Just sit outside by the pool