Historic Site, Museum, History Museum
547 Bellevue Ave.
Newport, RI 02840
- Silver queen Tessie Oelrichs owned Stanford White's classically inspired mansion. Highlights are White's French ballroom and heart-shaped staircase. Flower Show, costume exhibits, Wine & Food Fest.
- Only the fireplaces and chandeliers are original to the home, but the ballroom and staircase are what makes it worthy to visit. No audio tours, but scheduled guided ones.
- The self guided audio tour is packed with interesting information.
- Gorgeous property and lovely event venue.
- We went to a cocktail party here with the wine and food Festival and it was so much fun
- The self guided tour is very helpful. They have exhibits on the second floor.
- Extremely informative Tour Guides.
- My second mansion at Newport. It didn't have very much to it, and my small children were way too loud for the staff. Not a house to visit if you just want to walk around without the hassle of a tour.
- Beautiful grounds, great history, and well decorated in period designs.
- Beautiful wedding venue
- The largest of the Rhode Island mansions:#TheBreakers, perfect example of Extravagance and Opulence!
- Quite underwhelming if you go AFTER Breakers. Looks quite run down.
- La arquitectura