Ben Franklin Parkway (Eakins Oval)
Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Yo! Adrian.
- Yo Adrian I Did It
- Though we personally don't care for a fictional athlete from 40 years ago, thousands still pose for photos here. Fun fact: though it looks good, Rocky's running route as pictured doesn't make sense.
- Avoid the fauxtographer offering to take your pic with the statue.
- Wow bottom and top of stairs
- Get your picture taken with Rocky...although it is strange that we have a statue of a fictional character, it defines Philadelphia and no trip here is complete without a photo with Rocky!
- I guess what I'm trying to say is: If I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
- Anmese!! aunque no tenga a nadie cerca, le aseguro que algn otro turista se anima a una competencia de quin sube las escaleras ms rpido.... Ud, el turista o la sombra del joven Balboa...
- The PHLASH trolley runs Fri, Sat & Sun from 10-6 pm May-October 28, 2012. Just head to stop 13, buy a $2 ticket & you'll be on your way to seeing more of Philadelphia's attractions and museums.
- Dont forget to take a look at rocky's foot prints on top of steps :)
- It's a statue of Sylvester Stalone as Rocky ... The make believe boxer from Philly.
- This is a nice place 2 go 2 and see a statue of Rocky.
- The Rocky statue was first unveiled in RockyIII and was placed at the top of the Art Museum steps. It has since been moved to its current location at the foot and to the right of the Museum steps.
- Go ahead, kick a tourist!
- Be original, take a photo with Rocky's back!
- Run the steps! Be THAT tourist! LOL
- Iconic. But why did they move it from the top of the Art Museum steps? ;-(
- No se pueden ir sin tomarse la foto jaja
- It is Rocky! Better run up the steps to recreate the Rocky movie.