SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) – One of the first restaurants I remember hearing about in San Francisco was “Fog City Diner.” I remember the Visa commercials from the 80′s. Well, Fog City closed two years ago and went through an interior redesign, new menu, and new culinary team. It’s led by Bruce Hill, chef, restaurateur and entrepreneur.
Now celebrating a one year anniversary after the relaunch, “Fog City Diner” is now “Fog City.” Thanks to our server Perry, who treated us like family, and that was a good thing and we also want to thank Fog City for the complimentary lunch.
Here are 7 reasons why I enjoyed Fog City:
1. I wanted oysters and Perry suggested a half dozen for the two of us. Yum.
2. The tomato soup was exquisite, especially the asiago cheese topping the toast.
3. The Calamari
4. Fried chicken sandwich with pickled vegetables.
5. Salmon smorbrod, open face on rye bread with avocado and egg salad.
6. Strawberry shortcake and the fruit parfait topping which my lunch companion asked for solo on the side.
7. It’s walking distance from my day job.
If you haven’t been, go, if you went to Fog City Diner, do check out Fog City (2.0).
Love, peace, compassion, and blessings.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories