Wuji's Mala House
1715 Lundy Ave Ste 100
San Jose, CA 95131
- For the spicy broth, it comes in levels of spiciness from 0.5 to 5. I found level 2 plenty spicy -- anything above that might be difficult to eat. And I love spicy food!
- Level 1 is already spicy. You can get the spicy broth with house ingredients of you are not into intestines. The pork is best imho.
- Level 1 or 2 is hot enough. I'm partial to the lamb, special beef, and meatballs. You can get house ingredients with the mala spicy broth if you're not into tripe, intestine and such.
- Also, even though the place is called a Ma La house, they do not seem to actually use any Sichuan peppercorn (hua jiao, the source of ma la flavor), so if you want it in your hot pot, bring your own!
- Get the level 1 pork mala pot
- Come early
- Had Level 1 tonight. Lots of flavor and balanced heat. Will try Level 5 one of these days!
- Prepare to wait before being seated. For large groups, call ahead and make reservations
- wow looks nice, wanna try
- You can order 1 pot and more meat if you only have two ppl
- Make reservations to avoid lines.
- Level one was perfect for me, who can handle level 5?
- you can actually get house pot with mala spicy base if the tripe stuff creeps you out
- Tried the lamb soup one not spicy but yummy, yet the variety in the pot is quite limited
- Level 2. Get a mala pot with house ingredients. If you don't like innards get the seafood ... Broth is sweet a spicy
- the wait gets ridiculous after 7pm
- Very slow service..
- Don't be a wimp, try level 5