Wai Kee Congee Shop (威記粥店)
82 Stanley St
+852 2551 5564
- Congee is good but no tea & the place is a bit of a dump.
- Best congee in Central if not Hong Kong.
- Great congee and rice rolls. Avoid sitting in back under the ancient sticky fly trap! ;)
- Beef congee is minced beef and delicious, especially with some hot sauce. Yu tiao is very nice, too!
- Don't expect anything fancy. Just eat some good ol' traditional congee. Have cheong fun and bread with it too!
- Awesome old fashioned turnip cakes!!
- Pig's Blood! That's "Pig Blood Curd" on the menu. The congee order comes in a smaller bowl but good things come in little packages (if pig's blood does it for you).
- The century egg is milder than I prefer, and the congee errs on the side of being salty (not in a good, brothy-salty kinda way). That said, this is still a cheap and delicious congee.
- Cheapest congee in Central. Congee and Cheung-fan are good, but I don't like their lor-bak-go. Still keeps the traditional low-class style. Love here!
- I like the egg and pork congee () here. $18 is nice and cheap.
- Economical and delicious.
- Traditional HK style breakfast, simply and delicious.
- No dumplings, just jook!
- Best preserved egg & pork congee (I have ever had!
- Love here's congee :))
- Excellent porridge, try the pig's blood congee.
- it's always good to have congee when you don't feel so well.