Villa Di Roma
- Repeat winner of the Golden Meatball Challenge between South Philadelphia and South Jersey, Italian Market staple Villa Di Roma has a winning 50-year-old formula for its pan-seared all-beef beauties.
- Bring cash!
- The archetype of the no-nonsense South Philly Italian waitress may have been born at this Italian Market landmark amid the letterboard menus, brimming glasses of chianti and plates of giant meatballs.
- so the meatballs used to only come in "twos" - now apparently u can get them in any increment!!!!
- Rumor has it that a certain Philly-based restauranteur tried booking his personal holiday party at Villa. The family-owned establishment politely declined; they didn't want to disappoint the regulars.
- You have to get the Shrimp Scampi and spend the extra $3 for the pasta on the entree. Also Lorraine is the best waitress ever, she really makes you feel at home. Tip her well
- Chicken livers aren't usually thought of as Italian fare, but the chicken livers Romano (brown sauce) is one of the best dishes I've had anywhere!
- This is a pic of ye bread dipped in the shrimp scampi sauce but make sure you have anything with meatballs!
- Try the Village Salad
- Best Italian food of my life (in the U.S.)
- Jean is a great waitress
- The jersey tomato salad is awesome and great to dip the bread in
- Meatballs are the best in the nation!!!
- This garlic bread is bangin
- Meatballs w/red sauce (aka gravy) soooo good.
- I can never seem to finish my meal, but it's even better as leftovers. Don't forget the meat balls to go!!!
- From the sassy server to the delicious food this place is exactly what you expect from a restaurant in the Italian market.
- Shrimp scampi, meatballs, manicotti, villa salad. Great place,probably one of the best Italian restaurants in the USA.
- I pop in for a meal every time I am in town. They have the best meatballs in town but you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu.