1301 N 5th St (at Thompson St.)
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Tacos Astecas are amazing!
- Cash only, closest ATM is on Girard. Get the elote (grilled corn), and basically everything else on their menu can't be beat.
- Get the Mexican corn it's not on the menu just order it!!!! It's like crack!
- Free Coronas!
- The sopes are amazing w/ carne asada, shrimp or chicken!! Sooo fresh! And the pozole (spicy chicken soup) is freaking awesome!!
- Best taco place in the city.
- The tostadas were ok but had way too much lettuce on them and not enough substance (meat and beans).
- These tacos are A2 (not A1).
- Bland tastes, tacos seem incomplete without all the fixings, tortilla over-processed. Price was good. Then you bus your own table. Goodbye.
- classic and authentic Real Mexican
- Try the fish taco's. Amazing!!!
- They are very affordable with some vegan options. The horchata was great.
- Chef David Gilberg eats here on his nights off. He loves the Taco de choriqueso con queso de Oaxaca.
- Authentic tacos! Small, double corn tortillas, and packed full of meat. Al pastor are the best!
- This colorful little taqueria brings authentic and affordable Pueblan street food - tamales; tacos dorados; stuffed poblanos; posole stew - to a casual but cheery corner room. Can be very slow.
- Get the corn on the cob it is delicious! I also love the shrimp tacos!
- My favorite burritos in the city! Vegans, seriously get the veggie burrito without cheese and cream.
- Awesome food! You should try the Burrito de Tinga!
- This place is fabulous. Everything is so fresh. The pozole is excellent.
- Tacos Al Pastor are awesome, tongue tacos too. Duhlicious.