301 S 1st St (at E San Carlos St)
San Jose, CA 95113
- Meatballs the size of your fist, huge steaks cut by their in-house butcher, and veal scaloppini are among the filling favorites at Original Joes. As seen on Food Paradise: Manliest Restaurants.
- The chicken parmigiana is delicious, but get the right side dishes
- My Grandpa used to come here -- keeping it going. Tip: Have a sense of humor. No one here is rude. Unless you are, you know... ;) Soooo funny. Love OJ's!!!
- The Prime Rib was great along with the Prawn Cocktail not to mention the Spaghetti. My friend said that was one of the best burgers he ever had!
- Try the Meatball Sandwich
- Original Joes takes the Olive Garden definition of Italian food, drives it to a secluded back alley, roughs it up, and makes it promise never to spit on the authenticity of the cuisine ever again.
- Love the 3/4 option! Right when I was thinking oh this might be too much for me, 3/4 was perfect size!
- Horrible food, even worse service.
- You may have to flag down your waiter to get their attention, just be polite about it :-)
- If you like your meatballs big try the spaghetti and meat balls. As the waiter said "they are pretty big. You put it all in your mouth."
- Try the eggplant parmesan. Delicious!
- Love to eat here when I am in town.
- Waiters dressed fancy. $38 for a 26 oz Ribeye. Awesome!
- Check out Original Joes as seen on Food Paradise
- The bar is awesome. Serious drinkers only, please.
- Chicken Parm is so good, and definitely big enough to share. Great professional waiters here. Worth the trip.
- Oh my goodness. Best Italian food in years. I felt like I went back in time.
- Order the hamburger. Then share it with five other people.
- The chicken parm Sammie was freaking huge!
- Think Carnegie Deli as an Italian chop-house. Huge portions (priced to match), you can sit @ counter and watch the charcoal broilers do their magic, and it's steps away from everything downtown.