$ $ $
1 Covered Bridge Ln
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
- The german potato cheese puffs are just exceptional!
- Chicken is awesome!
- If you are looking for the Jager Schnitzel, go to the Bavarian Inn, where you get the authentic version rather than...PORK! What do you mean there's no German chocolate cake for my husband's birthday?
- delicious food but VERY slow service. took 45 min to get our lunch & there were only 2 other tables occupied. soda refill took 25 minutes. if you have a lot of time & patience, go. if not, don't.
- Try the sausage plate with the potato dumplings. YUM!
- The cheddar ale soup is fantastic!
- Murals on the wall the depict Gunzenhausen & Rostall Germany. Both cities have a strong tie to Frankenmuth.
- Hot breakfast buffet on weekends & busy weekdays. Can just order cold items as continental buffet too!
- Oma's serves great Frankenmuth Chicken and usually experiences SHORTER lines than downtown restaurants on peak nights.
- Had the egg white omelet. Very good size. My kids had buffet, also very good. Nice staff and atmosphere!
- Had dinner here, took the mushrooms puff and potato cheese dumplings as appetizer, simply delicious! Salmon as entre is great and tasty!
- Ruben Egg Rolls with Homemade Thousand Island dressing....THE BEST!
- Prime Rib and Chicken Buffet in Oma's tonight and Saturday of Snowfest!
- If you were ever going to order liver & onions in a restaurant... This is the place!
- Try the chicken oriental salad with broiled chicken breast. The dressing is home made and exceptional!
- Three great soups offered daily. One is always hearty chicken noodle.
- 2 or 3 piece chicken dinners available at oma's restaurant too. Almost never any line up to deal with.
- If you are in a rush, alert your host/hostess AND server so they can try to expedite the kitchen to rush your order. If you are in NO hurry, tell them too. Help them set the pace for your service!
- Service is slow (kitchen... not servers,) French toast is awesome!
- Food is good... but everything is very slow. Turkey sandwich was awesome, but took forever, even though no cooking was involved. If you are very patient, you will enjoy it here.