$ $ $
3 Zhongshan E 1st Rd (6/F Three on the Bund)
Huangpu, 上海市 200002
+86 21 6321 9922
- Mercatos lobster ravioli (178RMB) are six perfect little packages handmade every day, bursting with a luscious mix of homemade ricotta, mozzarella, Canadian lobster and locally sourced shrimp.
- Everything is so good but definitely try the porcini crusted salmon and the amaretti martini - unbelievable food at unbeatable price - decor is nice and airy it's a hit!
- My favorite Italian restaurant in shanghai
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten teamed up with Shanghai-based design duo Neri & Hu at this rustic-chic, Bund-side Italian restaurant. Wood-fired pizzas, fresh pastas, and stellar fish options top the menu.
- Avoid paying 80rmb for bottled water by daring to look like a cheapskate and asking for table water. They do have it, but if you ask for water they'll default to bottled. Appetisers are fantastic.
- Amazing pizza !!!
- Great food and ambience overall. Anna and Carl complete the place with outstanding hospitality.
- Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! If you need to impress!
- One of JGs personal favourites, and ours too, is the brilliant housemade ricotta and strawberry appetiser (58RMB), which pairs a ring of the light, creamy cheese with a crown of fruit compote.
- The short rib is spectacular!
- Just had an all-time top-10 dinner @ Mercato, spicy tuna tartare, King fish sashimi, diver scallops, warm seafood salad, lemon risotto, meatball rigatoni, brocollini spicy salami pizza, cheesy polenta
- The best italian restaurant ever :)
- Try the Ningxia wine.
- The basil Ice cream is AMAZING! definitely need to try!
- Prosciutto pizza is best!
- Try the lobster ravioli! Especially tasty when paired with the mashed potatoes!
- Order everything on the menu!!!! Just sooo great! Btw, don't miss the mussels!!
- Great spicy margarita
- Beautiful design. Simple dishes (pizza, pasta) are better than more elaborated ones. Go simple at Mercato!
- They always seem surprised when we turn up without a reservation. They've always found us a table but I'd recommend booking.