Le Train Bleu
$ $ $ $
1000 3rd Ave (inside Bloomingdale's)
New York, NY 10022
- Try the Duck Breast
- Perched on the roof of Bloomingdale's department store, a meticulous replica of a dining car from a Victorian-era European luxury train line, the Blue Train. More info from @nycscout after the jump.
- Le Train Bleu Omelette is very good! As is the Bloody Mary. Great brunch.
- We had the fancy brunch menu and it was delish!
- Hidden on the sixth floor of the flagship Bloomingdale's store in Manhattan: a restaurant designed to look as if it were the dining car of the luxurious French Le Train Bleu, or Blue Train.
- Oh the disappointment of ordering a cheese omelette only to find it made of american cheese! Lady got my drink order wrong twice and eating alone shoves you in the back by the toilets! Le sigh
- Smoked salmon with poached egg. Very good!
- Cozy, which great service and amazing French food. Get the summer special shrimp salad, the scallops, the desserts, everything is delicious. Also try the Brooklyn Chardonnay wine - it's a hidden gem.
- Service was great! Food was decent at best. I had the steak and egg dish
- Modeled after the Calais-Mediterrane Express, a luxury train famous for transporting wealthy passengers to the French Riviera in the 20s and 30s, the narrow space replicates a refined dining car.
- Croque Madame is fantastic
- Wonderful service. Poached scallops are divine
- Love the vintage atmosphere with old dark green velvet
- Possibly my fav brunch in NYC. Hidden away in Bloomies... Lived here for 3 years and never knew it existed! Quite, good service and great food.
- Best Eggs Benedict in the city hands down! Loved the ambiance too! The old train car look is so authentic
- The Pink Palate Special at Le Train Bleu in support of Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Upon Order You will receive a limeted edition pink bracelet!!
- Challah French toast is fantastic! Highly suggest!
- The clams are really good!
- A beautiful french experience the burger is amazing but loge the edith piaf soundtrack
- Sponsored Tip: Order San Pellegrino or Acqua Panna water at this lunch spot inside Bloomies and a donation will be made to Share Our Strength! Also: try the pheasant pate.