Ken's House of Pancakes
- Try the different syrups
- Look out for a celebrity sighting of The Rock, he visits Ken's every time he's in Hilo (his cousin owns the place!). BJ Penn is also seen eating here before and after training.
- Make it a mandatory stop whenever you visit Hilo.
- Ask for Laura (shes the best) and be sure to yell, SUMO! real loud when they ring the ships bell.
- Open 24 hours. Awesome pancakes.
- The family bathroom is the one you want to use if you need to. It's so much cleaner and nicer than the men's and my friend tells me the woman's too.
- The saimin here is the perfect meal at anytime of the day...especially if it's rainy and cold outside. Warms the spirit.
- Try the guava and passion fruit syrups!
- Amazing scene/time warp. Get the exotic fruit syrups.
- The menu was one of the largest I've ever seen! A bit pricey but we thoroughly enjoyed our late night breakfast here.
- Sweet diner with a huge menu. Try the pies!
- The Hawaiian plate was great!
- Excellent. A must. Pancakes are huge and great. French toast on Hawaiian bread is excellent too.
- Try the Hot Chocolate - Best whipped cream!! #NotCooWhip
- This was the medium pancake plate. Be prepared to leave very full! Everything seems to come with a side of pancakes!
- Awesome French Toast- not too sweet, but super filling. The Keiki menu has some nice options for those looking for smaller portions.
- Stopped here after a trip to Volcanos National Park ... Worth the stop - one of the best meals we've had on the island and well priced!
- Try the Corned beef with poached eggs - Corned beef hash homemade!!!!!
- Must have the "Kokonut pancakes" with the passion fruit syrup!!!! A++++++
- I enjoyed the corned beef hash.