281 N York St (at North Ave)
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Go to Hamburger Heaven and make sure to get a root beer float
- Get the double, with olives, and make sure to try the root beer at this Elmhurst staple.
- Excellent burgers and fries. Special sauce is a mayo/mustard/relish mix.
- This classic burger joint has been open over 60 years and is still going strong!
- So, I thought that $3.50 was a lot for a grilled cheese, but then I bit into it...and it was perfect. The best grilled cheese I've ever had. The bread was almost...caramelized? Well played.
- Awesome burgers, and fresh root beer. Dig it.
- Always a double cheeseburger! The root beer is fabulous. Go for the RB float on a steamy summer day.
- The original burger is best!
- Getting a root beer float is a must. I recommend putting olives on your burger.
- Chicken fingers are surprisingly good!
- Plenty big burger. Not overly tasty. Average at best.
- 3 slices of bun and 1 slice of cheese is a cheeseburger-hamburger combo sandwich, not a double cheeseburger!
- Double Decker & a Root Beer Float is the way to go!
- I came here with my grandpa. 20 years later, I'm pleased to see this place is still here. A MUST see.
- Corn Dog!!! So good...
- Be sure to treat yourself and the family to a combination cone, eat out back at the picnic tables and count the red cars like in the movie UP!
- seasonal - great place to order food on a warm summer day.