El Almacen Yerba Mate Cafe + Gallery
Café, Art Gallery
1078 Queen St W (at Dovercourt Rd)
- Coffee is great but you MUST ask for the Mate in the traditional form, don't be ashamed to ask how to drink it, also is 1 single mate to share , this is not an individual act, drinking mate is share
- Spicy tuna melt is.... too...... good. Try it.
- Try the Alfajores
- hands down - drink mate - where else can you get it?
- Facturas and medias lunas con dulce de leche and membrillo are delicioussss!!! They only have them on the weekends though. my husband is Argentinian and he approved!!
- Chilaquiles muy ricos, casi como en casa! Buen precio
- One of the better cafes in the area, quality of coffee varies depending on who's working but food is always great! Nice tables/seating area. The yerba mate is amazing too if you're into the taste!
- Very friendly! Alfajors, empanadas, good coffee and mate. What's not to like?
- They offer great brunches on the weekends.
- No wifi at the weekends. :(
- They DO NOT offer their WiFi password on weekends.
- Amazing mate tea. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. Definitely recommend
- Very friendly owner. I explained to him it was my first time trying out mate and he was very helpful in showing us how to use the straw and cup as well as telling us the social etiquette of mate drink
- Best empanadas I've ever had. Really good coffee and grilled sandwiches too!
- Great atmosphere and the owner is friendly and helpful, don't be afraid to ask questions! And of course, order the mate in the gourd- it's a unique experience.
- Good place to relax and enjoy an expresso
- The iced cortado is just what you need on a hot day.
- The Empanadas are perfect
- Brunch available 10 am - 2 pm. The chorizo eggs benedict are the best.