Desi Chaat House
Indian, Pakistani, Vegetarian / Vegan
501 S 42nd St (at Baltimore Ave)
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- have chicken biryani here! its awesome... and the samosas, well, its as good as one can get in India!!!
- It's like eating happiness.
- The samosa chaat is addictive. It's a crazy delicious combo of hot and cold, spicy and sweet, crunchy and creamy.
- I was a big fan, until I tried Mood Cafe down the block and had my mind blown. If you haven't been to both here and Mood for chaat/lassi, definitely try both and see what you think.
- Michael Santoro, chef of The Mildred, eats here on his nights off. He loves the Lamb chaat.
- This chaat shit is real!!
- They give a good quantity of food so you may be able to share or take home. Be aware that crunchy items get soft at home.. Ask for separate containers
- Chicken salad banging everything here is banging
- Chaats were a major disappointment, but everyone around us seemed to be enjoying their rolls
- Like their Facebook page and get a free drink with every purchase.
- Very hospitable! I sat down for a late lunch and dude offered me some rice pudding for dessert :)
- laasi is a must.
- A favorite is the papri chaat ($5): crunchy, crispy fried dough pieces, cilantro, chickpeas, mango, chilies, tamarind sauce, yogurt and masala spice, all tossed together into a filling treat.
- Gentleman in here are very nice!! It was my first time so he suggested the Samoa with everything on it! Very good!
- Faluda, mango lassies, and great chaat!