Dante & Luigi's
762 S 10th St (at Catherine St.)
Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Established in 1899, you're standing in Philadelphia's oldest Italian restaurant and one of the oldest in the United States.
- One of the BEST Italian restaurants! This place has been around since the 1800s! Authentic homemade mom/pop style sauces/food. Try either the gnocchi Romano or baked gnocchi! The tiramisu is the BEST!
- Visit Dante & Luigis for the lasagna, which is easily the best in the city, served in slices as big as your forearm yet still light as a cloud, even smothered in the houses hefty red gravy.
- 3% surcharge for credit cards, bring cash or a personal check!
- The lasagna is amazing and can feed an army. Could not make it to dessert but the Tiramisu looks amazing!
- The food and service is excellent. The noise level was unexpected! Its listed as a quite, romantic spot, but we could easily follow conversations from tables even 3 away from us! It was too loud!
- Simply the best Italian restaurant of all time! It was my dad's favorite and it's now my favorite. I highly recommend. Literally everything is out of this world amazing.
- Over rated but good!! That's all I have to say about that!! Your paying for the ambiance and some of the servers!!!
- This place is the best. Really impressed!
- The bronzino fish was wonderful and cooked to perfection. The tiramisu serving is large and can be easily shared...if you are willing to do so!
- I like my momma' sauce the best but I'll eat at Dante And Luigi's any day. We've been coming since I was a kid. Anything with red sauce is great but avoid the carbonara.
- Pasta dishes are incredible. One of the best restaurants in the city.
- Everything on the menu. Best Italian in the city
- Jose Garces, chef of Distrito, eats here on his nights off. He loves the Linguine & clams in bianco sauce.
- This is Philadelphia's oldest Italian-American restaurant. The kitchen features daily specials in addition to traditional classics. Delicate dishes in a traditional old school Italian atmosphere.
- American-style Italian. Elegant atmosphere and phenomenal service. The gnocchi tasted like clouds and Mom wanted to marry her carbonara.
- Use Valet for stress free parking. Everything is SOOOO DELISH- The Gnocchi is TO DIE FOR (do not order if you're a mobster.) Super awesome staff!!
- Really friendly and helpful staff that gave fabulous recommendations. The gnocchi with vodka sauce was amazing and wine suggestions paired perfectly. Will definitely return when I make it back to PHL
- Gnocchi with vodka sauce was amazing! Wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and wisely suggested I take the chocolate ricotta cannoli to go.