Da Hu Chun (大壺春)
89 Yunnan S Rd | 云南南路89号 (Jinlin M Rd | 金陵中路)
+86 21 6311 5177
- One of Shanghais oldest fried pork bun shops, in business since the 1930s. Try the Da Hu Chun buns (), beef curry soup and "thousand-layer wonton soup" ().
- Shengjian mantou!
- Best fried dumplings!
- The more local shengjian (sangchi) than Xiaoyang Shengjian, with the thick fermented skin, and the fried bottom (instead of a fried top). However, maybe not as delicious as in people's memories.
- The they served me were soggy and doughy, with hardly any soup inside. I won't be back
- The best Fried Dumplings in shanghai, much better than Yang's fried dumplings!
- Suggestion: You can buy drinks from nearby 7-11 or Familymart before you go there to have the Shanghai style Fried Buns ().