Chef Jon's Chinese Cuisine
831 State Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981
- Soup dumplings!
- very nice foods
- Try the grandma pork; it's caramelized goodness
- Not your Americanized takeout joint. The Chefs Specials are a good way to try unusual dishes, but even their regular menu is far more interesting than youd find elsewhere. Polite and smiley service.
- The Soup Dumplings are good
- General Tsos and Sesame chicken awesome...egg rolls greasy as heck!
- Fantastic soup dumplings.
- Chow fun is excellent.
- My go to for Sunday brunch are the beef scallion pancakes, the pork soup dumplings and the sauted rice cakes with pork! if you want americanized chinese, the general tso chicken also very good!
- Don't order the Green Bean Paste with Coconut for desert unless you've had it before. It must be an acquired taste.
- Bad service. Food is mediocre. Don't bother.
- If you're going family style, order the steamed flounder. It's tender delicious!
- Get the spicy beef noodle soup for lunch (it's not spicy but still very good)
- The red bean pastry is delicious!
- Bad service bad food. Skip go someplace else
- Jumbo shrimp with walnuts (Cantonese style) is not good. The battered shrimp is tough.