The Chairman (大班樓)
18 Kau U Fong
+852 2555 2202
- Excellent Cantonese good with excellent service. Crab in rice wine was good, but the ox tail in a deep tomato sauce was completely amazing.
- Wild clams stir fried with chilli jam and basil.
- One of the most esteemed destinations in Hong Kong for local cuisine.
- Quote:"Kailan with bean curd skin, ginkgo nut and you tiao"
- They have set menus which isn't common for chinese restaurants. Beautiful place and great seafood.
- During my most recent visit, my group wasn't as impressed as we had been in the past: the crab in Chinese wine was HK$1,400 (one crab) - tasty but pricey. Other dishes are ordinary. Tiny portions.
- Corkage is 100 hkd per bottle with no bottle limit. Definitely order the crab and the steamed razor clams
- Soy chicken
- Coca cola braised pork buns!!
- The msg- and additive-free Cantonese cuisine here made it the winner of the 2013 Foodie Forks Legendary Local Food, Editor's Choice. Congrats to the team at The Chairman!
- Had the braised short rib as my main and the minced pork with salted fish as an appetizer and it was tasty highly recommend
- Try the Baked Coca-Cola Braised Pork Bun - I'm craving #braisedpork at @thechairman
- You can even have the Chairman's soy sauce chicken, a finger-lickingly good dish with plenty of spicy sweetness, and wash it all down with fiery Chinese rice wine. It's awesome!!!
- Got the tasting menu and loved everything, especially the steamed flowery crab with shaoxing wine & chicken oil. Portions a lil small for 7 but that sauce was so fucking good I just drank it
- Well executed traditional chinese - nothing fancy but everything was done just on point!
- The drunken flower crab is their signature dish, but expensive and actually not very special!
- The Cantonese restaurant that I love the most in hk.
- . .