Cafe La Vie
Café, Coffee Shop
514 Octavia St (btwn Hayes St & Ivy St)
San Francisco, CA 94102
- The baristas are always super friendly!
- I've been coming here through a series of baristas and it is remarkable how consistently pleasant and vivacious they have all been.
- Best place to get good coffee and get on with your day, they're fast, friendly and reasonably priced. Check them out each month for new art also.
- Hidden gem in Hayes Valley where the coffee is strong and sandwiches are delicious yet cheap. The cozy window seat is great for reading or working on your laptop. Also great for grabbing breakfast.
- Best hummus veggie bagel in the city. Get it with avocado
- stay till close to closing time, and they might give you the leftover pastries. the baristas are the nicest ever!
- Free wifi and bagel sandwiches, can't hate on that
- I am so glad they replaced their old register with Square - they are now able to accept tap payments (like Apple Pay)! This makes it so easy to run over - get in - and get out.
- Perfect quick tasty sandwiches to go! Recomend the croissant with ham and cheese, garlic baggel with egg, ham and cheese, and the hot chocolat with cream!
- They make a mean breakfast bagel
- One of the better spots in SF to get a bagel!
- Great breakfast sandwiches
- The best community and service. I love the scrambles and bagel sandwiches in the morning! Also, Sam is the best.
- Great prices at this quiet cafe. Veggie bagel with hummus and avocado is a perfect start to the day. Overall, excellent value and great place to get some work done.
- Wifi pw: plainbagel
- Cozy inside which means comfy but small. Luckily there is nice seating out front. Very neighborhood-y feel.
- The place is cold in chilly weather, and some of the staff is pretentious. But past that, is a charming cafe with good espresso, tasty sandwiches, wifi, and great location.
- You've been walking forever and need a break? Grab a sandwich and kick it here for a while. The staff is super friendly.
- Un bagel con huevo, jamn, tomate y queso. Lo mejor!
- Great service, good food (small portions). Coffee is not as good as other places. Great to chill and read a book.